The Brazos Valley Texas Council of Governments (BVCOG) is a political subdivision of the State of Texas that complies with the same procedures for purchasing goods or services that apply to local governments. We are a unique agency because of the various ways in which we are funded – local, state and federal. Sometimes the funding agency will dictate the purchasing rules that we must follow.
BVCOG utilizes a competitive procurement process, allowing for open competition and a more transparent approach. In compliance with the local, state, and federal laws and regulations, our process ensures that purchases are obtained economically and efficiently. The following information will assist suppliers in familiarizing themselves with how to conduct business with BVCOG.
View the BVCOG Procurement Policy here.
How can I register as a vendor and find out about bid opportunities?
View all current bids for BVCOG here on our new e-Procurement Portal with ProcureNow.
Our e-Procurement Portal will allow prospective bidders to do the following:
- Register to receive notifications of future opportunities by signing up for our new e-Procurement Portal and Selecting Subscribe to create an account.
- Follow along with updates to existing opportunities by finding the opportunity and clicking the Follow button. This will allow you to receive amendments and addenda automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers regarding open bid opportunities.
- Guide vendors through the process of responding electronically to RFPs, bids, etc. to ensure your bids have been accurately completed.
- Ultimately, be your one location for all bid opportunities issued by BVCOG.
Paper bid submissions will still be available. Full instructions will be included in each bid opportunity.
What are BVCOG’s bidding thresholds?
- Purchase price up to $500: Quotes are not required, but good faith effort is required in obtaining the best possible price.
- Purchase price between $501-$1,000: At least three (3) verbal or written bids are required.
- Purchase price between $1,000-$25,000: At least three (3) written bids are required.
- Purchase price over $25,000: Sealed bidding process requiring Executive Board approval and advertising in newspapers.
In accordance with Texas Government Code 791.001, BVCOG has the option of purchasing products that are on the State of Texas or cooperative purchasing contracts. If this method is chosen, the bidding process is not necessary regardless of the dollar amount. Some exceptions may apply to the above bidding thresholds.
What is a sealed bid or proposal?
Sealed bids or proposals are for purchases or contracts expected to be $25,000 or more. Sealed bid documents must include a specific date and time of the bid closing and a location as to where the vendor is to submit the bid. Late bids are not accepted. Award of competitive sealed bids are made on a best-value basis.
Do you currently have any open bids?
Rent Reasonableness Determination Services- Proposals Due on June 3, 2021 3:00 PM CDT
For more information:
Purchasing Director, Brazos Valley Council of Governments
979.595.2801 ext. 2035