Senior Christmas Needed Items
We are asking our friends and neighbors to consider making donations toward this worthy cause. The following items are needed to fill Christmas bags for our seniors. You can help by donating these items, or by making monetary donations for the items to be purchased in bulk.
This year, due to COVID-19 safety measures, we are only permitted to provide the seniors with new items. If you do have gently used items, please still consider donating them, as we should be able to use them in the future years.
We take donations all year, and the following items are commonly requested:
- Warm clothing, including sweaters, sweatshirts, and sweatpants
- Socks and slippers
- Puzzle books and coloring books
- Large print books
- Puzzles and games
- Sugar-free candy
- Stationery, greeting cards, and stamps
- Household cleaning supplies
Donations can be delivered to: Center for Regional Services, Attn: Senior Christmas, 3991 East 29th St Bryan, TX 77802
Tax-deductible monetary donations can be made to Brazos 2020 Vision, Inc. by check, or online by credit card. A tax receipt will be sent to you. Mail checks to the following address: Brazos 2020 Vision, Inc., PO Box 4327, Bryan, TX 77805
Group Sponsorships for Senior Christmas
We are asking our local groups to help with this worthy cause. Here are some ways your group can help:
- Set up an “Adopt A Senior” Christmas tree
- Adopt a nursing home and donate requested items for about 10-40 senior residents in that home
- Host a collection box to collect socks, blankets, toiletries, or puzzle books
- Write personal notes on Christmas cards to send encouragement and warmth
- Make Christmas crafts in to be included with the gifts
- Make lap blankets by crochet or quilting
- Schedule a day to help assemble gifts
- Schedule a day to deliver gifts to an area nursing home (mid-December)
You can select a county or nursing home based on individual preference or by matching the size to the organization. Each nursing home has 10-40 residents that we serve. Each county has 20-90 home-bound residents.
Thank you in advance for your generous support.
Your kind actions will have a wonderful impact this Christmas in making smiles happen for our seniors in the Brazos Valley.